02 January, 2011

Repeats & Eliminations

This is a very quick statement that I would LOVE to get feedback on. I just watched "A Hard Day's Night" for about the billionth time and just remembered a question I've been holding onto for years.

It always bothered me that they cut "You Can't Do That" out of the concert scene to prevent the scene from being too long...which there's no such thing. Well, there are three songs [that I noticed, anyway] that are in the movie more than once. [The song "A Hard Day's Night" understandably repeats itself. It opens the film and closes the film, and it should.] Okay..."Can't Buy Me Love," "If I Fell," and "I Should Have Known Better" all make two appearances. Two of them repeat during the concert scene. Why weren't one of those duplicates eliminated in favor of "You Can't Do That?" I LOVE all of the songs, of course, and I don't mind that they repeat...but why would they cut a song that's only going to be in the film once in favor of one that's already in there? Maybe the song wasn't as big, but real fans love ALL the songs...and I'd rather see "You Can't Do That" added into the movie or a repeated song eliminated [and that's if one HAD to be eliminated].

I don't believe any songs repeat in "Help!," "Magical Mystery Tour," or even "Yellow Submarine" because I've never had this thought about any other movie, besides the title tracks which always get repeated, like I said before.

I just don't get it. I mean...I get it, but I don't. Oh well...the movie is obviously still perfection! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment