29 October, 2015

1 & 1+

November 6th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-h9qvPrTeE

I am very excited about this DVD release. I've always loved their music videos & have only owned them in pieces from the Anthology. Now, we can own their music videos properly! From what I can tell, the 1+ DVD set comes with 3 discs. I assume that's 1 CD & 2 DVDs...? (I don't have BluRay, so I'm not worrying about that.)

I'm not so excited about the CD portion. I wasn't excited about the original "1" CD when it first came out, though I now realize it created a lot of fans & I have to respect it...but I'm a bit anti-"greatest hits" anyway because it's only familiarizing people with the songs they most likely already know anyway. The Beatles are not a band to be limited to only their hits either...but that's a rant I'll reserve for another day. It is a nice concept to compile all of their songs that went to #1, although I don't think they're any better than the rest of their catalogue...but yes, I'll save that rant for another entry.

This is going to be a lot better than "The McCartney Years," which I LOVE, but I hate that it's incomplete. I understand that Paul wanted to do it while he was still with us & in control of it, but in my opinion, the commentary portions could have still been done as more songs & videos were released. He's not going anywhere any time soon. The product could have been complete if they had done it my way! I digress...again...

I am very excited about these videos coming out. To quote George, "We invented MTV." (Of course, this is a reference to MTV when it was still Music Television...but I digress yet again...) Fans, please share your thoughts with me about this! Also, once it comes out in about a week, please one again share your thoughts about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment