21 May, 2017

The Beatles Channel

"The Beatles Channel" on SiriusXM premiered a little more than 72 hours ago. I'm here to see what everyone thinks.

Reasons I am excited:


  • It's about time that an all-Beatles channel reaches the masses!
  • It's just like Beatles-A-Rama (which I've faithfully been listening to for 15+ years) but with a bigger budget.
  • It's always been a lot more exciting to listen to a Beatles radio station than it is to just play these songs on your own. It's the element of surprise and the element of community that make it so special.


My only fear is that it will hurt stations like Beatles-A-Rama, Fab4Radio, and all of the others that have been working hard for a long time on this same concept. "The Beatles Channel" isn't exactly a new idea and most people probably think they're being original. When I was a kid, my hometown had an all-Beatles FM radio station called KBTL, which impresses me more now as an adult than I was able to realize as a child. How incredible is that?! NO ONE else ever got that treatment...until SiriusXM started doing this.

It's definitely about time that our lads have their own channel that will reach SO many people because that is something the lads AND music-lovers most certainly deserve, but I do hope their big budget doesn't hurt people like Pat Matthews, if you know what I mean. These are the people who have laid down their blood, sweat, and tears for Beatlemania. Budgets mean nothing. Heart means everything. I will faithfully listen to ALL of them, simply adding this one to my list.

PS: If you haven't been able to tell, Beatles-A-Rama has always been my favorite of them all. It's the first one I found (15+ years ago on Live365) probably because it's the oldest, so kudos to you, Pat. You've always had a great thing going!

No comments:

Post a Comment