27 June, 2011

Madryn Street

Okay...the debate over Ringo's childhood home has been going back and forth for a LONG time now. It was going to be demolished. Then, it got saved. It was going to be demolished again. It was saved again. It was going to be demolished again. I can't keep up, but I think the latest news says that it will be saved again.

I've never been to Liverpool. I'd love to visit Madryn Street. I know that Ringo has said he doesn't care about the house. I know that many fans care about the house. I know that many fans do not care about the house. I'm not sure what to think.

Yes, it's just a house. Yes, it's the childhood home of a Beatle. Yes, I think it's an important landmark. Yes, I think that Ringo's opinion about it's unimportance is important. Yes, I think the world could move on after it's demolition. Yes, I think that demolishing it could be a huge mistake. Yes, worse landmarks have been ruined. Yes, I'd like to see it stay put.

What does everyone think? I've heard many opinions on both sides of this debate. It all just makes me so dizzy...

No comments:

Post a Comment