01 March, 2016

Paperback Writer?

This is not a thought, opinion, or debate. This is a Beatley announcement from me to you. As some of you may know, I was inspired in August 2009 to write an academic-y book on the lads to serve as a potential thesis for my MA in the event that my life were to go in that direction. I've hard a time doing some of the research on my own because it's a HUGE project and thought that it would be nice to let other fanatics volunteer to help.

For years, I've had a thread on the Fab Forum at BeatleLinks, but just in the last year or so the traffic has dwindled there...which makes me terribly sad. It was the best forum anywhere. Anyway, after losing a place to go for help, I tried to think of where to go next. I wanted to do a blog, but after 7 years (no offense to you all reading) I've barely obtained a following. Plus, I didn't want anything I had written to be out there to be taken. Where do I go?

After considering everything I know of, I realized that Twitter would probably be a the best place to try. I was half right and half wrong. I am VERY impressed with the amount of followers I've obtained (more in a few days than here in 7 years) but haven't received one bit of actual help. I also know that if I use the Twitter account to advertise another outlet, no one will follow it through. Hmm. What do I do?

As far as I can think, Twitter still is my best option. I'm getting great exposure from great people, including other people who have written about the lads! I think what I need to do is do a better job of actually communicating rather than just throwing questions out there...although that usually also works over time.

If you want to help me out, please follow @BeatleWriter on Twitter and don't be scared to interact with me. Also, if you don't have anything to say, retweets are pretty powerful so that the exposure can branch out even further.

If anyone has any suggestions better than Twitter, please let me know. I'm going to continue to consider all of my options! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment